• Photobucket

Pages

3.08.2010

Case of the Mondays

The first weekend in March passed in the blink of an eye. I'm so excited for the weeks to come, I'm so excited to start tackling my 30 Before 30 list, and I'm so excited to see what life unfolds before me.

Sometime on Friday, I managed to severely bruise/sprain my left foot to the point of black, blue and swollen; shoes were not my friends this weekend. I enjoyed a less than productive Saturday nursing my injury by laying on the couch all day with my VIP, who coincidentally referred to me as his GF.

Normally, in my experience, there are conversations to be had about titles. Conversations that include where we are, where we're going and how we're going to get there, but this time, there was no conversation; no production. It was just stated; spoken without a flinch and there was absolutely nothing to precede it. Other than the huge flip my stomach did, it made me realize that everything about this relationship {do I call it that?} comes as easily as breathing. Is that normal? I've been breathing for 29 years and I'm fairly sure I don't give it a second thought, but I'm not used to normal, or sane men for that matter, so I'm not sure if this is what it's like, but I have a feeling it's a good thing. Very, very good.

On Sunday, I had made arrangements to meet my favorite family of six at the zoo, but our trip was cut short due to another day of rain that lasted through the night into this morning. Although, it was fun jumping through puddles escaping the zoo, we headed home with Starbucks, made lunch, watched Bedknobs and Broomsticks, and played board games all afternoon.

A Side Note on Bedknobs and Broomsticks: I think I remembered why I have blocked this movie from my memory. Even though it won an Oscar for special effects in '71 and I can completely agree with that victory, it just wasn't my cup o' tea. I don't think we have to watch this one again. Hopefully, E's next Netflix choice will be ten trillion times better than Pepperinge Eye and an apprentice witch.

It's always sad to see the weekend go and start the week all over again, but sunshine happened to an otherwise gray Monday ~ VIP prepared the percolator last night, which made me want a hug at 5am. I don't want to get too excited for fear of jinxing myself, but am I really this lucky?

Cheers to the world's fastest work week! *hint, hint, Universe*

No comments:

Post a Comment