• Photobucket

Pages

7.08.2010

Sunday Brunch

Summer has officially arrived! I've spent last few days bearing over 100 degree weather and brainstorming all the reasons why living in an igloo is a good idea. So far, I've come up with 1) I will always have ice for pop, 2) Fabulous excuse to update my Arizona wardrobe, 3) I can migrate south for the winter. "If you're a bird, I'm a bird." Speaking of birds, from my kitchen to yours...

Fox in the Henhouse Breakfast Croissants


6 oven heated croissants
18 oz sliced smoked chicken breast
12 stalks steamed broccoli (or asparagus)
6 tomato slices
12 poached eggs
1/2 roasted bell pepper hollandaise (see below)

1. Split the croissant and place on a warm plate. On the bottom half, layer 3 oz chicken breast, 1 slice tomato, and 2 stalks broccoli (a little gap in between, to create "walls"). Between the stalks of broccoli, place 1 poached egg and 3 tbsp hollandaise. Cover with top half of the croissant and serve warm.

Roasted Bell Pepper Hollandaise
6 egg yolks
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 c butter, melted
1 large roasted red pepper, peeled, seeded, and pureed
3/4 c basil, coarsely chopped
dash of red pepper

1. Over low heat, whisk the yolks and lemon juice. Add the butter and whisk until sauce thickens. Add the pureed pepper and basil and mix thoroughly.

This recipe is can be found on Treasurenet courtesy of Gypsy Heart.

I can't wait for Sunday brunch, can you? Of course, I'll be substituting that chicken for extra veggies...

No comments:

Post a Comment