• Photobucket

Pages

5.27.2010

Sunday Brunch

Seattle had a visit from me & B this past February and if nothing else, we left FULL. There are probably a million reasons why coastal living is fabulous, but I assume that the smell of the air and having fresh seafood handy are in the top five. I was searching through my celly telly the other day when I came across a photo I snapped of our room service breakfast. Here's the recipe with a Missi twist. From my table to yours...

Market Crab Benedict

Prepared hollandaise sauce (from scratch or Knorr's packet)
English muffins
1 tbsp butter
Splash of olive oil
3 green onions, finely chopped
5.5oz crab meat (half a crab)
6 eggs
1 avocado, sliced
Cayenne pepper

In a frying pan, melt the butter and add the olive oil. Briefly saute the onions. Add the shelled crab meat and continue to saute until warm and butter is bubbling. Remove from heat and divide into six portions.

Lightly toast 3 English muffins (six halves)

Poach the eggs

On a plate, place two halves of toasted english muffin. Layer: crab, green onion, avocado slices, egg, and sauce. Lightly sprinkle with cayenne pepper and serve warm.

This recipe was adapted from Hub Pages.

I prefer fresh crab, but living in the desert, it's not always available and canned crab meat will make a good substitute. Either way, tasting Seattle isn't further than my own kitchen. I can't wait for Sunday, can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment