• Photobucket

Pages

4.23.2010

TGIF

Regular scheduled programming sucks. It's been a pretty mundane week.

I struck a deal with the kids Sunday night; if they finished their homework at daycare, we could go to the park for an hour after I picked them up. After all, what else should they be doing those three hours after school? So far, so good and they earned two PDiddy's, which is Ebonics for Park Dates. They sleep better, but does Mom? Uh... not so much. Pushing our nightly routine back an hour is making for late nights, combined with the Suns being in the playoffs and BAM! I don't think I've been to bed before midnight all week. I'm going to have to restructure my days to fit in PDiddy's and playoffs.

In other news, here's blip of things to come in Monday's post:

CAKE!

Cake plays such a huge part in celebrations. Birthdays, weddings, showers, christenings, baptisms, graduations, anniversaries... In my next life, I would like to come back as cake. Sure, I'd be eaten, but I'd have been made with love and butter, coveted by all who gaze upon me, savored by all who celebrate around me, and a temptress to those on diets. I'm good with that kind of short lived life. Tomorrow, one of my besties, H, will be showered with bridal bliss when the girls come together to celebrate her wedding to be. I'm so honored to be creating and baking for such a happy occasion. I lurve the kitchen. I lurve cake. I lurve H. I'm a happy girl.

Last night was the never ending search for caramel extract. 9 different employees in 9 different stores gave me 9 identical blank stares when I asked if they carried caramel extract. It does exist... online. Unfortunately, I needed it today, but fortunately, I'm crafty and have Plan B ready to roll. After a big debate over buttercream and fondant. My fears got the best of me and I decided to not experiment with fondant for the first time with a cake that will be served publically. Buttercream it is! I'm so excited! I'm so excited! I'm so excited!

Yesterday I spent a small part of my afternoon crafting homemade candies and covering them in a sparkalicious, edible fairy dust to adorn the cake and today, I get to bake, layer, fill and decorate. Have I ever mentioned that I love cake?! The down side is, I have two traits that are going to battle it out today as I take on Operation Fancy Cake and I have to keep them both at bay: Impatience vs. Perfectionist. Fingers crossed that I win. Anyone else wanna place a bet?

The above photo is not my creation. THANK GOD. Cake Wrecks website hosts photos of real cakes that were somehow butchered by the baker {or icer or designer} served at real events . I at least hope Megan and Rob's cake taste brought them true happeniss. If you want to chuckle and ask, "who does that!?", and tempt your sweet tooth, check out Cake Wrecks.

I've got a creative sugary sweet night ahead, two parties to attend tomorrow, and on Sunday ~ who knows! I just hope the weather gets warmer! Hope your weekend is also sunny and sweet. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment