• Photobucket

Pages

3.05.2010

TGIF. TGIF. TGIF.

TGIF doesn't even begin to cover it.

My week was sailing away smoothly until 9 o'clock Wednesday morning when BAM! 30 minutes later, I was sitting in the ER with A.... (That BAM! was literal, by the way)

Nothing will stop your heart faster than seeing your child's head bleed all over your kitchen tile and nothing will rip it out harder than having to hold your child's head steady while a doctor staples her shut. Yes, staples. She's too good for stitches; been there, done that. Currently, my baby's head and my heart depend on Office Depot to hold up to their satisfaction guarantee.

It still gives me the heebie jeebies. Having survived head trauma and a very long wait in the ER, A, who was giggly, sparkly, animated, and happy the entire time (sans stapler scene), deserved a Starbucks... and quite frankly, so did I.

It's days like Wednesday that really drive home how fortunate I am to be surrounded by classy and fabulous people. To everyone who was effected by Wednesdays staple gun run, I thank you and hope that you know how much you are appreciated. My life is blessed more than I realize. Again, thank you.

Other than seeing a Swingline come shooting at my kid's noggin, the week was fairly quiet. Sleep stopped really early on Monday morning when R and E decided to serenade me with Lee Greenwood's Proud to Be An American at 4:17am, I engaged in an overdue 7th grade conversation over sushi on Tuesday, enjoyed a much needed glass of vino with mom and sisterface on Thursday, and tonight, First Friday with my favorite BEE and my other favorite person.

The weekend looks promising with a semi-sunny forecast to include, but is not limited to: hiking, day drinking, celebratory sushi (Happy Birthday to Mrs. T-To-Be!), and a trip to the zoo. I can't wait for it to begin!

Cheers to a happy, healthy, staple free weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment