• Photobucket

Pages

1.07.2010

TGIF Eve

I'm seriously beginning to doubt, with a To Do List that stretches into next week, that I'll be able to blog my weekly TGIF post. So, when in doubt, take action!

I had a fabulously relaxing three-day weekend. My lovely New Year's Eve concluded at 12:02 when I went to bed full of hope, glitters, and Chinese food. I woke up every morning after 8 o'clock, which is quite the feat since my internal clock tends to sound the alarms well before sunrise and for three days, I did absolutely nothing that I didn't want to do.

"And mom and dad can hardly wait for school to start again..."



After a rocky Monday morning, a day that started with two arguments, "I don't wanna go to school..." and ending with two choruses of "I had so much fun today...", we were finally settling back into the swing of our pre-Christmas routine and by Wednesday, we had it down.

Tuesday, after two days of hand washing a thousand tiny dishes, I decided to take the kids out for a pizza on paper plates and let someone else clean up the mess. We love Tuesdays at Buono's; a large cheese pizza, four sodas, and three gumballs: $13.75. Such a deal!

Speaking of deals, I purchased an adorable and incredibly comfy love seat for my patio last night for $10. I also managed to pick up 50 smashing dishes for $25 at Goodwill. In sheer panic, I'm concentrating on finishing up home projects and clean ups before the dish smashing begins next Friday. Nothing will set you into home decor mode like having friends over that you haven't seen in 12 years! Hence, the To Do list that stretches into next week. Our weekend will be filled with more bargains, some sewing, and a family dinner on Sunday in honor of family arrival from Georgia.

Since checking things off a list is an old love, I hope I get to do a lot of it this weekend. Cheers! And may your weekend be filled with things you love....

No comments:

Post a Comment