• Photobucket

Pages

10.18.2009

Run Forrest Run!

Day 3:
2.9 miles
42 minutes

After having read a few things online about running for beginners, I decided to approach training with a new game plan. Saturday morning, I stretched before I headed out at 0630 on the Chandler canal and instead of running every other song on my iPod and inadvertently killing myself, I kept count and alternated walking and running every two minutes. When I returned home, I noticed that not only was I able to keep this pace the entire time I was out, but the over heating when I got back wasn't as bad because I ended with walking - a "cool down", something I hadn't thought of before. So, with this in mind, I'm going to try and up my alternations to four minute increments by next Saturday. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment