• Photobucket

Pages

7.13.2010

Welcome!

After a tumultuous decade stuffed with heartbreak and devastation that pushed my inner strength beyond it's limits and was only lightly sprinkled with an overwhelming sense of joy and happiness, I wasn't sure if I would make it out, not just alive, but alive AND happy. A pretty tall order, if you ask me. When the ball dropped at midnight this past New Year's Eve, there was a huge rush of relief and I knew that 2010 was my year to own. MINE.

Not only am I alive, but I'm beginning to believe that this is the happiest I have ever been. Of course, I know I can't accredit this to a simple flip of the calendar, but there's definitely something in the air this year that loves me. Maybe it's finally me.

I've known for a long time that once my daughter, A, went to kindergarten, I would need to wean myself from my current home business. Not because getting paid to play, color, snack, dance, and nap at work isn't awesome, but it's not exactly my ideal path, if you know what I mean. What I do now is incredibly hard work and it has a tendency to take it's toll on my house and on me, both physically and mentally. A is about 13 months away from her first day at kindergarten and well, it's about time I got off my nap map....

Eight years ago, before my life was covered in three sets of jam handprints and glitter glue, I went to artsy tartsy college where I discovered that creativity could be released in a positive manner, unlike my former teenage years where it was released in the most inappropriate ways a girl from the suburbs could get away with. I've also since learned, through trial and error and countless special events, that I have a lot in common with Martha Stewart {pre-clink, of course}. I'm a lovely hostess as well as overly organized, punctual, and creative. Combined with a support team that is bigger than I could have ever expected, I finally had the courage to create Green Apple Design.

Welcome!

1 comment:

  1. Excited to be here for the beginning! Looking forward to see how big it can be! :)

    ReplyDelete