• Photobucket

Pages

6.03.2010

Sunday Brunch

Over the past few weeks, I've developed a love for two things: ice and lemons. I've only ever purchased pre-made ice for parties or road trip coolers. Strange, right? Considering that I live in the desert, but room temperature water is actually better for you and having soda in my house is a rare treat, so why would I need ice? Technically, I don't, but suddenly I can't bear the thought of living without tiny blocks of frozen water. It's like having a little party in my freezer everyday. Don't take shut down the party!

My other favorite thing right now is a fresh bushel of lemons. Okay, so I'm not buying them by the bushelful ~ does anyone even know how many pounds is in a bushel? Or if bushelful is even a real word? ~ but I am buying them by the half dozens and using them within the week. I've never been huge on eating citrus solo, but some of my favorite things include citrus flavors. I just never thought to just have lemons on hand for dropping into ice water or tea or adding zing to my kids' fish sticks.

Two weeks ago, I made lemon cupcakes with a raspberry filling and a lemon buttercream. OH SO AMAZING. Since I'm on a lemon kick and I heart pancakes, I thought it would be appropriate that today, from my kitchen to yours....

Lemon Oven Pancake
serves 2

1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup flour
2 eggs
4 tbsp butter
Zest 1 lemon

Preheat oven to 425

Melt butter in a 10inch oven ready skillet - when melted remove from heat

Whisk together all the ingredients - wet & dry - pour into buttered pan

Place in oven for 20 min or until puffy and lightly browned

Cut into 4 wedges with a pizza cutter and, optional, sparkle lightly with powdered sugar. Serve immediately and hot!

This recipe is courtesy of Rugby Gardens B&B in Brooklyn, NY

I am so making this for breakfast on Sunday! I also plan on filling it with fresh berries, sparkling it with powdered sugar, and drizzling it with a little lemon curd. Mmm mmm mmm. I can't wait for breakfast, can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment