• Photobucket

Pages

6.28.2010

Case of the Mondays

It's Monday. Good grief.

Over my self-indulgent three day weekend, I catered a birthday party, a bachelorette party, and my own party o' one {but that consisted only of coffee and cinnamon bears}. It was a lot of work, but I am happiest getting my creative on.

My bestie, H, enjoyed her bachelorette party on Saturday, starting off at the spa and ending up.... Actually, I'm not sure how it ended up. I assumed custody of my babies that afternoon and have yet to hear how it ended. Hrmpf. I only know, H is alive enough to send me comments on Facebook. Yay!

The kids, VIP, and I saw Toy Story 3 at the drive-in Saturday night. This is totally my new movie plan. At Harkins, $15 isn't going anywhere with three kids and two adults. At the drive-in, it gets you in and they let your Target popcorn in with you. Whoopah!

I'm not sure if it was the demand to wear their pj's in public that started our evening off well or the fact that I not only allowed them to consume McDonald's, but I let them eat it IN THE CAR. Either way, they were impressed and we were all happily occupied for 103 minutes to watch Buzz and Woody reunite on the big screen. If you haven't seen TS3 yet, dude, what's your problem!? I cried the "pass the tissues, do not make fun of me, Mom is okay" cry. Oh my heart!

As far as the catering goes, in 48 hours, my kitchen produced:
- cosmo cupcakes
- sno-ball cupcakes
- fig, marscapone, and basil wrapped prosciutto
- roasted chicken, fresh mozzarella, basil, tomato, and pesto "sandwich sliders"
- apple, brie, and fig spread "sandwich sliders"


Sunday was spent running errands, returning phone calls, and sending out emails for GrApple D. Sure, it was hot and busy, but in the end we had sushi. We ALL had sushi. Actually, we had more of a sushi experience than we had sushi. The kids, not sashimi fans yet and us, not fans of the restaurant {although, I kind of half expected that when we walked into "Sushi and Cocktails". Yes, that place, over there by Pita Jungle and Coffee Rush in Chandler}. In the first 5 minutes, based on all the surprised eyes we received from staff, I gathered that a child {let alone three} had never stepped foot in their establishment. It was like dangling sparkly things in front of.... well, ME! Shock and awe, indeed.

And now? "Monday, Monday, {bah dah, bah dah, dah, dah} so good to me...." My kids went to daycare this morning and *this* keeps Mom sane. Cheers to sanity and a fantastic week!

1 comment:

  1. Oh - that place is not good....Brad and I had the worst service there...yes I am alive and we will talk later this evening!

    ReplyDelete