• Photobucket

Pages

4.05.2010

Case of the Mondays

I went to bed at 8:30 last night. Slightly ridiculous by my clock, but I could have swore it was midnight. While the rest of you suffer from ham hangovers, I'm feelin' good and definitely well rested.

Over the weekend, I spent an afternoon at a day spa, visited the DBG, and enjoyed a fabulous holiday with my family. In case you missed it, I want it noted that I made a {veggie friendly} Shepherd's Pie because shepherd's are biblical and because Sisterskirt, Jesus, and I don't eat ham. The whole ham thing made me think, and after conducting some research on why ham is the traditional food of Easter, I discovered that it was a fluke.

In the early days, meat was slaughtered in the fall. There was no refrigeration and the fresh pork that wasn't consumed during the winter months before Lent was cured for spring. The curing process took a long time and the first hams were ready around the time Easter came. Thus, ham was a natural choice for the celebratory Easter dinner. This concludes my cured pork lesson.


After lunch, the rabbit brought baskets and we conducted an egg hunt. Little do they know, our egg hiding rabbit is six feet tall and supports the Dallas Cowboys...

To view all of our Easter photos, click here.

The weather was so perfect that after egg hunting and ham naps, we went to the park to play European football {aka soccer}. It was a beautifully busy day. I think this might be the cause behind my 8:30 bedtime. What do you think?

This is me [and my Marshmallow Peeps]. 13 days before 30.

May the week go by fast, there are big things to look forward to on Saturday! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment