• Photobucket

Pages

8.21.2009

TGIF

Thank goodness it's Friday is a bit of an understatement this week. I've never been so excited for two days in my whole life. Well, maybe that first time I went to Disneyland in '86 or when I was packed up and ready for three weeks in Europe in '97. Oh! Maybe I was just as excited with nearing my due date for the first time in '02. Anyway, you get the point. I'm excited.

Tomorrow I'm going to see a man about a horse. Horsepower that is...

Image: wikimedia.org

This will be the second "first experience" I've had this week, if I don't chicken out {the first was dining out, in public, alone}. I've never been to a car dealership alone, I've never owned a car with less than 80k miles, and I've never owned a car that could potentially take up the whole parking space, but this is what I want: a 2005 Nissan Quest. It just so happens I found one locally, in my prefered color, with 76k miles on it and for less than $9000. I've saved a down payment, I have a trade-in of good value {better be good, I just put new brakes, new tires, and a new engine in Petunia}, and I have the right attitude. Cross your fingers!

Now for the excitement... It's the weekend I've been waiting for since March!

Image: last.fm

Sunday is Depeche Mode! YAY! I remember my first Depeche Mode experience. It involved a new video being played on MTV, Enjoy the Silence, my brother, and several comparisons between Dave Gahan and my piano teacher, Stan. But what did we know, it was 1990 and we were just excited Grams was letting us watch MTV {something forbidden at home}.



So cheers to Grams, cheers to Dave, and cheers to Stan! Cheers to a weekend of new experiences and excitment!

No comments:

Post a Comment