• Photobucket

Pages

3.07.2011

The DIY Bride

What can I say? If I were getting married, I'd probably be a DIY Bride. I'd make my own save the dates, invitations, veil, bouquets, boutineers, centerpieces, decorations, and who knows what else. But when you're planning a real wedding there's so much to do and so little time. So, for all the DIY Brides out there, here are my three biggest sanity saving
tips ~

*COMPILE a list of all the DIY projects you'll create. Be realistic. Ask yourself when planning your crafting if it's really a project you can do yourself. In some cases, like that 8-tiered wedding cake you're eyeballing, it's smarter to hire help. For each craft project, compile a list of all the supplies you'll need too.

*COMPLETE a detailed schedule of tasks to save your sanity {and possibly your relationship with your MOH}. Be sure to include when each project needs to be finished and schedule larger, non-perishable projects first. The sooner you get things done, the more relaxed you'll be closer to your big day.

*CREATE. Helping hands will get the larger projects done quickly, get a wedding crew together and host a few crafting parties.

For those of you who want assistance or need ideas for creating custom details for your big day, please contact me and inquire about my DIY package: A La Mode. Custom details for every bride and groom with custom pricing to match!

No comments:

Post a Comment