• Photobucket

Pages

4.09.2010

Walk Like MADD

I'm participating in the Walk Like MADD 5k ON my birthday because I'm crazy. Actually, no. Well, I am crazy, but that's a different blog. This is a different story...

I was first affected by drunk drivers at age 13 and it's been a presence in my life ever since. Over the past 12 years, I've lost five friends to drunk drivers and had numerous people in my life suffer the consequences of being the drunk driver, including my ex-husband. I know first hand what financial damage that first DUI can do and yet, it still doesn't drive home the point. It angers me that responsible people can be so irresponsible with their life and the lives of others.

Simple solution: Designated Drivers. Get one.

As a parent, I know that by working toward the solution to drinking and driving, my kids have a better chance of not becoming another statistic. My kids will know that they can call me for a ride home no matter the time, the place, the circumstance, no questions asked. I am proud to say I have been MADD since 2002.

If you can, support the cause by clicking the widget and donate what you feel is appropriate. All donations are tax-deductible and go toward finding a solution.




No comments:

Post a Comment