• Photobucket

Pages

9.21.2009

Case of the Mondays

There are six weeks until Halloween, 95 days until Christmas, and only 14 weekends left in 2009. So much to do, so very little time...

Image: Baseball Fan, One Row Back & Brecka's Camera

This past weekend was ab fab. J and I enjoyed a little baseball, a little beer, some Roger Clyne, good friends, and a lot of fun {pictured above, J, me, and the Estes' at Friday's game} and on Saturday, Heather and I made the jumbo tron at the D'Backs/RCPM show twice! Even yesterdays shopping extravaganza was successful thanks to some very well behaved short stops.

This week is shaping up quite nicely with a small group today, a mid-week day off, and a weekend filled with nothing.

I can't wait to wake up Wednesday at 6:45 and then let the day unfold. It's been over four months since my last day off, which was for surgery {I had my lady parts fixed} and it's not really clear as to whether that counts as a "day off" or not. I guess it doesn't matter; just having an excuse to take a day off is cause for excitement, even if it is the OB/GYN who requests my presence. I plan to drop the kids off at school on time instead of early and half awake, "do lunch", and leisurely spend an afternoon with my Tumni.

On another note, I hate taking time off. A one hour visit to the OB not only effects me, but it effects several other families as they have to rearrange schedules or find alternate care for their children. I admit, I am a self declared work-a-holic; I like being open and not inconveniencing others. However, I also like reassurance that I'm healthy, so what's a girl to do?

The bright side in all of this is, I'm the most reliable child care provider this side of the Mississippi. The not-so-sunny side is, I may eventually, one day, lost my sanity completely.

Cheers to an easy, breezy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment